Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThe game is rigged.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=735441&mesg_id=735983
735983, The game is rigged.
Posted by mrhood75, Fri Sep-13-19 03:25 PM
That was a great episode of TV.

I originally thought the entire episode was going to be the "alternate universe," and it was going to end with Saint dying, on some "Jacob's Ladder" shit. I was fine that it wasn't.

But still did a great job in showing how the system is set-up for guys like Franklin to never get their fair shot. Even if he had done the "right" thing, he would gotten fucked and ended up right back in the neighborhood.

Great look at the possible "alternate" lives, and the character call-backs to previous seasons. I was surprised that Kevin didn't show up.

The "Strange Fruit" montage was really powerful as well. You can't tell the story of crack in Los Angeles without gang warfare, and now that's on and popping. That would made a great final scene of the episode/season/series as well.

But, yeah, they pulled it all together in that final scene, where Saint learns the solution from his dream/vision and figures out that he needs to use the CIA/government as much as the CIA/government is using him.

Can't wait until Season 4. Everything is set up lovely. And hopefully we'll get more Oso.