Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectAgents of SHIELD already renewed for Season 7 (swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=732757
732757, Agents of SHIELD already renewed for Season 7 (swipe)
Posted by araQual, Fri Nov-30-18 09:33 AM
https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/marvel/277695/agents-of-shield-season-7-news.

There is uncertainty in some corners of the Marvel TV universe, but one constant has been ABC’s Agents of SHIELD. With Netflix making a surprise move to cancel Luke Cage and Iron Fist, throwing doubt into the future of Marvel and Netflix’s partnership, and Disney commissioning high-profile limited series for Loki, Scarlet Witch, and Winter Soldier and Falcon on its Disney+ streaming service, fans were left to wonder what might become of Agents of SHIELD, a show that is typically on the ratings bubble.

Thankfully no one has to turn in their badges just yet. ABC has picked up Agents of SHIELD season 7. The news comes before the release of season six, which will air in 2019. Agents of SHIELD season 6 and 7 will consist of 13 episodes, a decrease from the 22 episode orders of seasons one through five.

Agents of SHIELD premiered on ABC in 2013 as a spinoff of The Avengers and has run for 110 episodes. The series was co-created by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen. It stars Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Iain De Caestecker, Elizabeth Henstridge, Henry Simmons and Natalia Cordova-Buckley.

Currently, Hulu is the streaming home for Marvel Television’s Agents of SHIELD and Runaways. There have been no reports of those shows moving over to Disney+ when it launches in 2019. The SHIELD renewal means the show will remain on ABC likely through 2020.

The Agents of SHIELD season 5 finale shook things up. We wrote about the implications it might have for season six here.
Agents of SHIELD Season 7 Release Date

With season six arriving in mid-2019, the earliest we could possibly see the Agents of SHIELD Season 7 premiere will be in early to mid 2020.
---

uuhhhhhmmmmm....FUCK YEAH.
this is so unexpectedly awesome.

V.
732759, huh.
Posted by howisya, Fri Nov-30-18 11:12 AM
i was expecting 6 to be announced as the final season. this is good news.

>Currently, Hulu is the streaming home for Marvel
>Television’s Agents of SHIELD

and netflix

>With season six arriving in mid-2019

:/

i was wondering how they would handle the avengers ending, though, so that could explain the delay.
732761, i think they mean streaming during the current season
Posted by mista k5, Fri Nov-30-18 12:28 PM
>>Currently, Hulu is the streaming home for Marvel
>>Television’s Agents of SHIELD
>
>and netflix
>
>

season 5 i watched on hulu because i kept forgetting to watch friday nights lol it was a good way to start my saturday mornings.
732760, the show has gotten great in the last couple of seasons
Posted by mista k5, Fri Nov-30-18 12:26 PM
less episodes will hopefully mean even better quality.

thats cool that they are committing to two more seasons at least. seems they have a real plan for these two seasons.
732762, they certainly changed it up
Posted by howisya, Fri Nov-30-18 01:28 PM
i think the shorter seasons will suit it well because the last couple seasons were pretty evenly divided stories. the next 2 seasons would work out to be just longer than the usual run of 1, so that could mean 2 semi-self-contained stories per shorter season without the usual big midseason finale and break.

i really enjoyed the early seasons of this show, but i would not have predicted where it would go in the last 2 seasons.
732769, RE: they certainly changed it up
Posted by howisya, Sat Dec-01-18 10:12 AM
>that could mean 2 semi-self-contained stories per
>shorter season without the usual big midseason finale and
>break.

*facepalm* i meant ONE semi-self-contained story per season this time
732766, curious to see how the writers handle this
Posted by jrocc, Fri Nov-30-18 11:09 PM
they previously had been writing each of the last few seasons like each could possibly be the last one. should be interesting to see how this season unfolds, not only with the Avengers stuff, but with them knowing there definitely will be a season 7. can't wait.
732771, Best thing I heard all week
Posted by xangeluvr, Sat Dec-01-18 01:14 PM
I love this show. Gets better every season.