Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectthe first 10 minutes were amazing...that build-up was perfectly executed
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=732458&mesg_id=734638
734638, the first 10 minutes were amazing...that build-up was perfectly executed
Posted by 3xKrazy, Mon Apr-29-19 09:09 AM
loved the music and the whole vibe.

I enjoyed the darkness element...for the most part. Most of the battle scenes have been hard to discern anyway so I guess I'm just used to that at this point. And in this one we're dealing with a bunch of ravenous zombies which makes things even harder to slow down. I suppose at times it didnt need to be THAT dark but whatever I'm not too bent outta shape over it. I think the one thing I had a really hard time figuring out were the in-air dragon fighting scenes...it was really hard to recognize the good dragons from the undead dragon.

Loved Mellisandra coming back and weaving in some of the themes from the early seasons.

I enjoyed the hell outta the episode but I think it outright failed in effectively explaining what the Night King and his army actually wanted and their motivation for terror (unless it was just terror for the sake of terror). In an earlier episode this season they made a reference to the Night King wanting to kill Bran to erase the memory of the world? Or something like that? I need a little more than that to know what we're fighting for here.

The episode (or maybe the series in general) also failed to to explain Bran's role in that battle and in the fight against army of the undead. Bran channeled back into the ravens but I have no idea what he accomplished with that. I'm sure I could google it but I shouldn't need to do research after watching a 90 min show.