Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI agree that I would have enjoyed more Nacho this season
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=730486&mesg_id=732078
732078, I agree that I would have enjoyed more Nacho this season
Posted by mrhood75, Tue Oct-09-18 04:12 PM
He was definitely under-utilized. And after getting shot was pretty much sidelined until he shows up again with the money and the meth whores.

They definitely decided to give his time over to the Mike and Zee Germans storyline, but that proved to be necessary to establish things to where Mike had to kill someone he liked, rather than the Red Herring that was Kai. And the Nacho/Salamanca story nicely dovetailed into in the tale of Zee Germans, as Lalo tailing Mike is what sealed Klaus' fate (his name was Klaus, right?).

But I imagine there's going to A LOT of Nacho next season. Now that Jimmy is definitely Saul, he's going to have to start doing work for Nacho soon. And I imagine shit is going to get thick with him and Lalo.

>Maybe it was hangover from not having the Chuck/Jimmy
>dynamic any longer.

Yeah, this part I didn't miss. They played out that string as far as it could go. Plus, Chuck haunted the entire season anyway. And besides, the intro this week with Chuck was one of the better and heart-breaking sequences of the season. The two flashbacks gave me all the Chuck that I needed.

>for whatever reason it just didn't feel as tightly knit as
>seasons 1-3.

You could definitely see some of the seams in that they were making a concerted effort to turn Jimmy into Saul this season. There were a few, in hindisight necessary, false starts. And sometimes it felt like they were stretching things out a bit. But they finally executed the needed time jump. I'm also not really sure that they needed to do the rejection and then the appeal at the very end, but it also paid off.