Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI saw that differently.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=730486&mesg_id=731634
731634, I saw that differently.
Posted by Brew, Tue Sep-11-18 08:46 AM
>She sees that Jimmy still wants to do the joint law office
>thing, so she goes directly to Schweikart to ask for a job.
>Then she lies to Jimmy and says that they asked her. She could
>have actually told him flat out that she needed to take the
>job so that she can keep doing her pro bono work, but she
>instead opted to make up a bullshit story.

I may be wrong but I assumed she went in there with the sole intent to offload Mesa Verde to Schweikart knowing that they would be well taken care of there, and go on her own doing the work she's actually passionate about. Then Schweikart surprised her with a partner offer that she couldn't refuse, as kind of a return favor. Obviously I can't be sure that was the intent but that is the way I read that.

>So, this is all a reaction to Jimmy not going to the therapist
>like she wanted?
>
>Rest of the episode was still really good. From Jimmy's
>revenge (with the return of Huell) to Jimmy's "pep-talk" to
>Howard to the stuff with Mike to Chicken Man's speech to
>Salamanca.

Jimmy's been hard AF on Howard this season haha. I never thought I'd feel bad for dude but I do. I wonder where his arc is going.

The Gus pep talk kind of annoyed me. Was just too drawn out. I knew where that was going like 30 seconds into the story. They could've tightened that up a bit and used that time for something else. These seasons are short enough. I know they like being thorough and getting the most out of every scene but that was one of the rare times watching this series where I've been sitting there thinking "jesus get on with it already" haha.

>I still think they need to do a time jump though. If for no
>other reason than Kim doesn't have to keep wearing a cast.

Haha yea the cast is kinda driving me nuts too, but I think they're right not doing a time jump here. They've been covering a good chunk of ground with the stories this season and things are moving quickly, so a time jump right now would be out of place I think.