Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectBest ep. of the season so far. It's a good spot to do a time jump
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=730486&mesg_id=731563
731563, Best ep. of the season so far. It's a good spot to do a time jump
Posted by mrhood75, Wed Sep-05-18 10:48 AM
With Jimmy figuring out that "Slipping Jimmy" is really dead, Kim learning she needs to balance being a do-gooder with her corporate responsibilities, Gus proceeding with the building of the super-lab, Mike getting into his security duties, and the Salamancas hiding out in Mexico. I don't know if we need the next episode to be Jimmy going through the daily grind at the phone store, etc.

I'm not saying jump all the way to the "Breaking Bad" time period, but to the end of Jimmy's probation.

I'll also say that this episode addressed my concerns about them speeding things up for Jimmy a bit too much. Him realizing that getting into all this overt criminal shit was his way of dealing with Chuck's death was good. As was his decision that being an attorney was the "future."

And, of course, linking the flash-forward to the end of his life as Saul to its sorta-beginning with the burner phones was awesome.