Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectAll involved should be proud of this.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=730140&mesg_id=732698
732698, All involved should be proud of this.
Posted by blueeclipse, Sun Nov-25-18 10:33 AM
Steven Caple Jr. did an incredible job with this film. The pacing and attention to detail in this film were really well done.

This is a film you could tell that everyone was on the same page. They managed to tell a story that could have easily been over the top and cliche'd to the point of eye rolling and made it engaging and interesting in a few ways that are unexpected.

I'm pretty shocked at the so so reviews I'm seeing for this. I thought it was one of the best films of the year. It gets you invested in the characters regarding the main storyline but takes the times to explore side stories with supporting characters that are there because of that main storyline and it is all fluid.

The boxing scenes in the film aren't shot as aggressively as the first film but the style that Caple went with in this fits this film more because I think doing long shots makes the fight more intense in some ways.

It's good to see another young black director hit the ground running and I'm excited to see where he goes from here.

I also think there's more stories to tell for the Creed franchise as well.