Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectSolo plays out like an apology for The Last Jedi
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=729497&mesg_id=729782
729782, Solo plays out like an apology for The Last Jedi
Posted by BigWorm, Tue May-29-18 06:37 AM
It's just okay. There's nothing awful about it, but nothing so out there for fan boys to rage out against.

Donald Glover is fine. They at least give Chewbacca more to do for once, and a semblance of a character. Dude that played Han was fine, even if he completely lacks the charisma and swagger of Harrison Ford's Solo. Woody was actually much more interesting to watch. And yes, the robot stole the show, just like the robot from Rogue One.

Han Solo speaking Wookie was just embarrassing.

The big villain reveal definitely surprised me (I was expecting Jabba or Boba Fett). But I also thought it was dumb and (SLIGHT SPOILER) retroactively ruins one of the only decent moments of the prequels.

Overall? It was fine. I don't really need to see it again. People here were giving me shit over my lack of enthusiasm for this movie, and now, well, I think I was right. It's nothing to get excited about.

And it looks like that early buzz about Disney taking a hit on this one turned out to be true.