Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI guess the final movie didn't end up being more than the sum of it's parts
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=729497&mesg_id=729500
729500, I guess the final movie didn't end up being more than the sum of it's parts
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Tue May-15-18 12:08 AM
Based on your review here, the end result is pretty close to the general sense most people around here had of the movie. A movie that isn't necessarily bad, but just didn't need to be made.

I'm glad that the acting is good. All of the actors involved, outside of Han, who I hadn't seen before, could act more. Hopefully, they were able to add to their profile.

Maybe the quality of the movie initially planned by the let-go directors might have made this movie seem important but at the least this seems like it didn't tarnish the run of these recent Star Wars flicks.

But this movie might be forgotten about two weeks after its released, which is kind of a shame because to me all of the Star Wars movies ought to be important and not easily-forgotten.