Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectnot bad
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=728622&mesg_id=731714
731714, not bad
Posted by BigWorm, Tue Sep-18-18 09:30 AM
I'm going to see it, that's not even an issue.

But yeah. The trailer looks okay. Nothing special yet.

My interest in this is that it's not only leading us straight to Avengers 4, but it's also Marvel's first female led superhero flick, aka the answer to Wonder Woman (it shouldn't be that way, in the sense that no one compares Iron Man to Bat Man, but let's be honest). On top of that, though, I think a lot is riding on Captain Marvel serving as the glue to hold the MCU together after the apparent changing of the guard that is bound to happen in Avengers 4. The character is going to have to have hella charisma if she is going to fill the shoes of Tony Stark and (perhaps) Steve Rogers.

I really want this to be another hit. So far Marvel/Disney has been on a streak, so hopefully they have been testing the shit out of this. Since it seems like Captain Marvel will have a major role in Avengers 4 and the MCU going forward, a lot is riding on this one. The stakes are too high to give us another Thor 2 at this point.