Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjecton second viewing.......
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=728369&mesg_id=730728
730728, on second viewing.......
Posted by rorschach, Mon Jul-23-18 01:20 AM
I believe Mr. ______ had some remorse about leading Cassius to Steve Lift once they got to the party. He continuously tries to volunteer himself as a buffer between Steve and Cassius. On first watch, I just assumed he was trying to make himself important. But on this viewing, I came to the conclusion that he was uneasy about everything after the rap scene (he's the only person that doesn't encourage Cassius to do this). Also, when Mr. _____ tells Cassius to go to Steve's office, he had just coked himself up....almost as if he had to get himself worked up to set Cassius up (even though he had no problems keeping that bloody rag).

I caught all of the horse imagery in Steve Lift's house this time around. There are pictures of horses, busts, furniture, etc.

Steve Lift's proposal wasn't a proposal at all but more of an oral terms of agreement, to which Cassius essentially signed up before hearing everything first by snorting that (spiral leading to a horse).

I felt like a scene between Cassius and Sal had to have been cut because that hilarious argument seemed even more out of the blue this time around....one day Cassius is halfheartedly going along with the plan, the next he's like 'fuck all this'.

My mind still yells 'Charlottesville' at that one shot where Cassius sees the armored van speeds towards those people only to stop with a thud.

And I need someone to place that one shot where Cassius is getting punched in the stomach on that game show because I feel like I've seen that exact shot somewhere (complete with slo-mo). I'm thinking I saw it on Sweetback or Superfly...I'm not sure.
---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------