Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectLoved it. Already seen it 2x. Considering a 3rd.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=727516&mesg_id=728244
728244, Loved it. Already seen it 2x. Considering a 3rd.
Posted by phenompyrus, Mon Mar-05-18 10:35 AM
There's not much more praise I could give this movie than it has already received. It has one of the best casts in a comic book movie I've ever seen, if not the best. Great performances, awesome characters (Okoye FTW! Both Killmonger and Klaue were cool villains. And BP, how could you go wrong?), tight story that explained everything pretty simply without going overboard at all in regards to ties to the MCU, great direction (Coogler on a roll!), and exciting action. Sure the CGI was plentiful, but since when do we not get that anymore these days in comic book films?

After the first time I saw it, I was thinking it was top 5-6 in the MCU. Upon second viewing, it's top 3-4. The only 2 I know I liked better were Captain America: The Winter Soldier (I think this is #1 on my comic book movies all-time list) and The Avengers (pulling this movie off, entertainment-value spectacle, and the experience of seeing this come to life on the big screen are uncanny). But this is going to be an all-time great that stands the test of time and fights for the #1 spot with each subsequent viewing.

Bravo Marvel, bravo