Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThere's always a balance that has to be struck.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=727516&mesg_id=728061
728061, There's always a balance that has to be struck.
Posted by soulfunk, Thu Feb-22-18 03:01 PM
You have people here in this post saying the section when Killmonger was king dragged on too long because they knew T'Challa would come back. I absolutely disagree with that (I could watch an entire movie of Killmonger as king setting his plan in motion), but I've seen others say it.

This would have been a dope scene, but I'm fine seeing it in the deleted scenes when the Blu-Ray drops. The plot points that it has were either already in the film or heavily implied. We knew that Okoye was reluctantly serving Killmonger because of loyalty to the throne. We knew that W'Kabi was all in because T'Challa and his father had failed to avenge the death of his parents while Killmonger delivered, and he was itching to go to war out in the world. We knew they were a couple.

The key thing telling me that scene wasn't needed was their dialogue at the end. "You would kill me, my love?" "For Wakanda, without question." That moment hit hard as heck as is, without the extra scene, and no one in the audience was lost watching it.