Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectObviously, this was a stellar movie.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=727516&mesg_id=728018
728018, Obviously, this was a stellar movie.
Posted by Numba_33, Tue Feb-20-18 10:01 AM
Pretty clear that the women where the MVPs for this movie, at least to me. Not that I disliked the flick, but the few moments that took me out of the movie were moments where it felt like Michael B Jordan was reading his lines straight from the script rather than delivering them naturally. Not that I didn't enjoy his character since he was a fully three dimensional villain, but there were times when he was somewhat wooden in his delivery; I don't know if that's squarely on him, if that's on the director, or if that's on the script. Just to be clear, I don't think the script as a whole was bad, as I think the writing, in particular the mixture of comedy with sociopolitical commentary was remarkable, especially since this was a comic book movie.

And this movie will make his dislike watching The Walking Dead that much more since Danai Gurira did so well with the material here. At least I hope she will get more work as result of how well she did in the flick.

And lastly, I hope the blu-ray extras for this will delve into the research and work done for the costumes.