Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectgreat movie
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=727516&mesg_id=728015
728015, great movie
Posted by BigWorm, Tue Feb-20-18 07:36 AM
Not the best Marvel movie so far, but terrific all the same.

People here have listed just about all of my thoughts on it:

-Perfect cast. Especially liked o' girl from Black Mirror.

-What happens to Klaue is surprising, but I thought we'd get more mileage from the character, instead of getting Snoked.

-Some of the CGI was a little iffy. I saw it a second time and it looks slightly better in 3D, but still, some of it took me out of the movie, especially with the final fight between Killmonger and Black Panther.

-I feel like there were probably some key scenes left on the cutting room floor that further develop the divide amongst Wakandians between those loyal to the throne and those who can't get down with Michael B. Jordan's character. They go from a peaceful people to people ready to kill one another pretty quickly in the final battle.

-Killmonger might be the most well-developed Marvel villain so far. They were going down this road with Civil War, and they nailed it this time. So much so that it might be a few steps back if they just make Thanos a standard Evil Dude in Infinity War.

Solid movie. I was not disappointed at all.

Now I am READY for the next Avengers movie.