Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThey had me at "In the Trunk" (SPOILERS)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=727516&mesg_id=727971
727971, They had me at "In the Trunk" (SPOILERS)
Posted by mrhood75, Sun Feb-18-18 06:47 PM
Even better than I expected. Dope story, looked great, and very well acted. Shot for the moon and succeeded.

One element that hasn't gotten enough props here is M'Baku. Winston Duke was awesome. And the movie did an excellent job of taking a character that was extremely problematic in the comics and turning him into one of the best parts of the endeavor.

Only thing that didn't work for me is thought W'Kabi's betrayal happened a little too fast. I mean, that's supposed to be his beast friend, and he jumped to Killmonger's side a little too quickly for my tastes.

And though I certainly understand why they did it, I really wish that they didn't kill Klawe and Killmonger. If there's one thing that Marvel has had difficulty doing, it's creating really good villains. Killmonger has been the best. Klawe was just getting interesting. I guess it's my comic book upbringing, but I've never understood the urge for damn near every superhero movie to kill their villains at the end.

On the other hand, Killmonger's last words were so ill, that it kind of was a perfect end for him.

Otherwise, all else is well. The world is Coogler's oyster now. I hope he gets to do everything he's ever wanted.