Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectthe thing is....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=727516&mesg_id=727956
727956, the thing is....
Posted by Voodoochilde, Sat Feb-17-18 07:57 PM
...its even better on 2nd viewing....

saw it Thursday night and dug it. Thought it was truly solid & satisfying through & through.

we woke up today and had nothing else on the agenda that HAD to be done, so we decided to hit a morning showing since there were prime seats available at the AM viewing...

i honestly didn't expect to like it more the second time, but i tell ya, turns out the SECOND viewing is where i was able to REALLY settle in and FULLY enjoy this to the max.

At the end of the second viewing my wife & i both turned to each other at the same time and said 'i liked it even BETTER on the second go round'. So yeah, if you're able to see it twice, if you're like me, it'll probably be worth it.

my only quibbles with the film are very minor...
1. the CG in some of the scenes (i won't say WHICH scenes so as avoid spoilers)...but the CG in some of the scenes towards the end were too 'video gamey' for my tastes.

2. (semi-spoiler) the song that ends the movie is kinda lackluster for me...the one that plays as the closing scenes/credits was just---eh. For me, personally, the closing song there SHOULD have/could have been a POWERFUL afro-rythmic KNOCKOut PUNCH to end the flick....but it wasnt. After loving all of the music and score throughout the entire film, I think the closing track they chose was just mediocre and forgettable. Personal opinion obviously, but for me it was a missed opportunity to put a BANGING 'mike-drop' track at the end of a banging movie. (heh, i'd love for someone to re-edit that end credit scene with a different sounding track just to see how it plays out...maybe i'll give video editing a try someday and give it a shot myself with some tracks that give me that GUT PUNCH feel that i'm looking for lol)

but yeah, those are my only two real issues with this one. (that and the fact that i wish a certain character, who will remain nameless here to avoid spoilers, didn't die. but only because i loved the actors portrayal). Other than that :), this is one is in the top tier mix of Marvel flicks for me....