Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI liked it...for the same exact reason you hated it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=726635&mesg_id=727034
727034, I liked it...for the same exact reason you hated it
Posted by BigReg, Wed Jan-03-18 08:06 AM
Dark is good but some of the schticks wore me down.

1)Ok, I get that ‘everything is connected’. Do we continuously have to introduce extraneous characters in the various timelines just to prove they are all generational. At a certain point it felt like they were introducing plotline loops just because. For instance, I would love to follow the lesbian affair because it already seems like a great story on its own...but the only reason why it feels like its there is to fill in the “One major affair per generation” slot.

2)THE DAVID FINCHER/TRENT REZNOR SCARY SYNTHS TO DRUM HOME THIS IS SOME DARK SHIT.

3)Apparently all the time travel has fucked with the timeline itself because it felt like every other scene was filmed in slow...motion....to....drum....home....this....is....some....dark...shit,

4) More montages of niggas staring into space depressed please

With such an oppressed vibe there needs to be some lighter moments just to make the fucked up moments have more weight...when its all a slog its just a slog. Its why i liked the kids hooking up/all the lighter moments (Ulrich telling Harrke (sp?) to stand up to bullies, etc. Hopefully the future timeline will give some of those moments as opposed to continous shots of dead tortured kids