Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectalso, why the fuck does this type of post need to exist in 2017?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=726215&mesg_id=726321
726321, also, why the fuck does this type of post need to exist in 2017?
Posted by araQual, Thu Dec-07-17 07:33 PM
1. there are classier ways to show your 'allegiance' (just remember we're talking about movies here, this isn't real life: it's fake life. get your fucking priorities straight).

2. an artist's work will speak for themselves. i dig majority of what Shyamalan's done cept for two particular pieces of shit called "The Happening" and "The Last Airbender". otherwise Manoj has a pretty strong filmog (i must be one of the handful who actually dug "After Earth" and "Signs", also liked that "Devil" flick he had a hand in from 2010). "Unbreakable" was always my fav outta the bunch though. and it always gets its due praise for being a lowkey comic book origin story film. and as for giving him credit for changing that particular game, he clearly didn't have a plan for a trilogy in the beginning. "Split" and "Glass" will be almost two fucking decades after the fact, when shit like the MCU has already been established. i'm not sure what kinda specific praise you're giving Night here, but he didn't invent or reinvent shit. comic book films have proliferated with or without his take on them, on film and tv, and a lot of em have kicked ass. from all reports, Willis and Sam Jack were up for more movies at the time, but Night said his ideas were rejected cos of poor box office reception to "Unbreakable", but that was after him initially not even entertaining the thought at all. i'm glad he's coming back to this corner of his film universe, but he's waaaay fucking late to the party, so knock it off with this 'reinventing the wheel' shit.

3. he has great stuff, good stuff, and some truly awful stuff. stop being the fucking mistermaxxx of PTP and bring this agenda shit down a few notches. you sound like a fucking immature little child when u post like this. and i really have no idea WHY anyone would post like this lol. unless it's some long-term performance troll art kinda thing...? have we considered this possibility yet?

"Glass" is gonna be the shit, btw: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_(2019_film).

V.