Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectExactly!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=723009&mesg_id=723067
723067, Exactly!
Posted by JiggysMyDayJob, Tue Jun-27-17 04:10 PM
I feel like OITNB fails at portraying the jail stuff at times. This show is using the wrestling better to drive the show. Also, we have to remember, they're just starting off with GLOW. They don't even have a clear picture of what they want it to because they're still trying to figure out wrestling. That's part of the drive, they're trying to learn the moves, create character/personas in order to launch a successful show.

We can't expect a first season to go right into them being pro-wrestlers., these are students, daytime tv actresses, and folks with background/extra work. They actually had one legit athlete, a stunt woman, and the daughter of a pro consisting of their "experienced" people. Hell, they even fired the pro that was the trainer.

I think the set up is there for more wrestling but, this wasn't a show about the History of GLOW and wrestling in the first place, it's a sitcom about the women and right now these women aren't the wrestlers of the GLOW you and I grew up watching. I'm sure it'll get there but we can't expect it to be a true wrestling show, they wouldn' many numbers if it were.