Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectyes, i love whataboutism. i employ it often
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=721481&mesg_id=733254
733254, yes, i love whataboutism. i employ it often
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jan-17-19 01:40 AM
people who don't like whataboutism usually can't confront that fact that they fixate on a person who did the thing in question rather than the thing itself, which allows them to summarily dismiss any critique of OTHERS who are also guilty of the thing...usually because they like the OTHER folks. Otherwise, it would be a simple "Well, they suck, too." I notice you can't do that with the names I mentioned.

So, yeah, you've never (and will never) talked about Spike's trash ass 30 year-old dolloy shots because you give him a pass for it (even when it ruined tone every damn time)...for whatever reason.

But you'll lock in on Night Dogg's twists like a walking cliche'. The merits of your critiques of Night Dogg are judged against the merits of your critiques against other filmmakers and there's an imbalance there. You nitpick Night Dogg and don't wanna be called on it.

it's so BORING.

Fox News, huh? That's easy. Just hold up a sign that says "Agree with me because he's a bad person" next time.