Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectit was okay
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=721159&mesg_id=729616
729616, it was okay
Posted by BigWorm, Mon May-21-18 08:56 AM
The first one was definitely better.

This was okay. It was at its least funny when it veered off into Scary Move/Epic Movie/etc terrain and felt the need to reference or spoof as much as possible, where the joke is the reference itself, not anything particularly witty or clever.

The secret villain? Okay, sure. I would have liked for him to do more stuff though. And the way he gets defeated was just juvenile.

The mid credits scene was fun.

It tries to find a weird balance between funny and heartfelt, and I don't think that works.

Blink and you'll miss one of the cleverest cameos I've seen in a while. Much better than Matt Damon in Thor: Ragnarok. Although, speaking of Matt Damon, he also has a cameo here, and it's also easily missed as he's near unrecognizable.

The kid was decent, although his funniest moment seemed like an outtake and didn't really fit the scene (the dancing).

I'm glad they kept TJ Miller's role to a minimum.

The X-Force and what happens to them was funny, although I predicted it from the trailer.

It's like an R-Rated, violent David Zucker film. They play the numbers game on us, where they think if they throw ten jokes at us in every scene, maybe at least one of them will land. And for the most part, they're successful with that.

Overall, I guess it's okay. In the C range. I'm not sure that we need a Deadpool 3 though. I kind of don't even want an X-Force movie. But I've seen worse.