Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI don't think it's a coin flip at all. I think the line is how they treat one another
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=721086&mesg_id=721119
721119, I don't think it's a coin flip at all. I think the line is how they treat one another
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Apr-11-17 02:03 PM
This is why I made distinction specifically in terms of His relationship to Jimmy.

In Jimmy's case, he made a move against Chuck that ultimately didn't hurt him that bad but was also deserved. Chuck couldn't simply let Kim bounce with a good client that HHM really didn't need; he had to be greedy and cut the legs out from under her and, by extension, Jimmy. Chuck lets them have that one bone and all is well.

It cost him a client and his rep took a hit but in the grand scheme of things he would have been just fine. Jimmy's move on Chuck was more about helping Kim (and yes, by extension, himself) in salvaging a client that Kim earned but not malicious at heart.

Conversely, Jimmy ultimately shows his love for and loyalty to Chuck to his own detriment.

The skill and scope of their respective gamesmanship might be two sides of a coin but I think the heart of each character relative to the other has a very clear distinction.