Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectLooks like it's happening thanks to new Paramount head
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=719571&mesg_id=721497
721497, Looks like it's happening thanks to new Paramount head
Posted by bwood, Wed Apr-26-17 08:26 PM
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/04/26/looks-like-david-fincher-really-is-gonna-direct-that-world-war-z-sequel

Looks Like David Fincher Really Is Gonna Direct That WORLD WAR Z Sequel
What a time to be alive.
By SCOTT WAMPLER Apr. 26, 2017

57 0
According to Variety's Justin Kroll, Paramount's moving forward with that sequel to World War Z, after all. And against all odds, it appears they've convinced David Fincher (yes, that David Fincher) to direct it.

Says Variety:

After previously taking the film off its calendar, Paramount Pictures looks to be moving forward with a World War Z sequel, with David Fincher directing and Brad Pitt back to star, thanks to the studio’s new chairman and CEO Jim Gianopulos, according to knowledgeable sources.

Variety goes on to point out that World War Z 2 (or whatever it ends up being called) has not been given an official greenlight yet, but with Fincher onboard and Brad Pitt set to return, all signs point to Paramount pulling that trigger any day now. According to their sources, the film would begin shooting in early 2018.

One can't help but wonder what might have drawn Fincher to a World War Z sequel. The chance to work with his buddy Brad Pitt again? Is this the first half of a "One for them, one for me" power play? Is Fincher simply interested in futzing around within the zombie genre on what'll probably end up being an astronomical budget? If any of you guys talk to him in the next few days, do me a favor and ask, because I'm seriously curious about this.

Nothing further to report at this time, but stay tuned for updates. While you're waiting, feel free to express your stunned disbelief in the comments below