Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: So I'm the only one enjoying the show?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=717471&mesg_id=725598
725598, RE: So I'm the only one enjoying the show?
Posted by Wise 7, Tue Oct-31-17 08:47 AM
I enjoy the show...I actually think that it got off to a better start than both "Agents Of Shield" and "Iron Fist" did
(if we just single out the first two episodes of each show). The thing is, it was doomed from the start for the following reasons:

1. Inhumans was initially announced as a MCU Phase 3 film...so, when it got "demoted" to TV status, it was guaranteed to receive
"it looks so cheap" and "it should be a film" criticism.
2. The IMAX screening was unnecessary...especially if the product doesn't look or "feel" like a movie.
3. The first "Inhumans" poster and trailer sucked (even the director said so).
4. Thus, critics hated it and further influenced the general public to stay away from it and not even try to give it a chance.

If this exact same Inhumans series was presented and promoted as a Netflix series from the gate, people's perception
of it would be drastically different. Folks would be impressed with the CGI (especially Lockjaw...seriously, compare
this with the CGI of "The Gifted". More people would have given the overall story a chance on Netflix, seeing as how they could
just binge watch the 8 episodes. Sure, the overall story has some flaws, BUT so do some of the other superhero TV shows.

All of that being said...it'll probably get cancelled with no reboot in the immediate future. Ironically,
many of the people who complained about the show not being like the comic never even read an
Inhuman comic book, LOL.