Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectAn over glorified TV pilot. Why was this in IMAX?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=717471&mesg_id=724658
724658, An over glorified TV pilot. Why was this in IMAX?
Posted by bwood, Fri Sep-01-17 06:00 PM
Let's forget they put a SyFy level TV pilot in theatres.

Let's forget the bad production designs, cosplay level costumes, bad cover songs, a weird choice of using ELO's "Don't Bring Me Down", overlit photography, and wooden acting.

Let's forget that doesn't even remotely drum up the interest in watching the rest of the show as the drama lacks punch and the dialogue is corny as fuck. Not mention this all done better on Game of Thrones, which looked much better than this when it had no money in its first two seasons. Not to mention I'm still not sure what Crystal's and Karnak's powers are.

Why was this shot in IMAX? This doesn't have the scope or scale to show off what the IMAX format can do. Nothing about this is epic as most of this is shot on soundstages (cheap ones at that) with first pass CG that needs two more passes.

I kept thinking to myself that if they had shot this in IMAX 70MM instead of IMAX digital this would be more embarrassing than it already is. I'm collecting a check seeing this. I felt bad for the other nine people in the theater at the first showtime last night who paid for this shitshow.

It's clear after watching this pilot that Marvel really wants the X-Men and are substituting them with Inhumans. This is my first real introduction to them outside of the recent Civil War II comics and honestly my biggest take away is why should anyone give a shit about these knock off X-Men?