Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectPete's Dragon (David Lowery, 2016)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=714808
714808, Pete's Dragon (David Lowery, 2016)
Posted by bwood, Thu Aug-11-16 06:35 PM
Yo Disney has been killing it this year (Alice aside).

Hiring David Lowery paid off in spades. Dude brings an indie sensibility to a blockbuster level.

Beautiful film. This along with Sausage Party are must sees this weekend.

Too bad niggas is gonna run and see Suicide Squad again this weekend. Fucking disgusting.
714815, After The Jungle Book, I think I'd be willing to go see another live remake....
Posted by rorschach, Thu Aug-11-16 10:26 PM
At first I was avoiding them like the plague because they were obvious cash-grabs to me. Maleficent caught my attention but I still skipped it. The Jungle Book may still be the best film I've seen this year.

I'm curious to know whether I should see the cartoon first or not. This is one of the few Disney cartoons I never saw growing up. But that trailer tho....I got the same feeling that I got from The Jungle Book's first full trailer.
714821, original wasn't a cartoon
Posted by lonesome_d, Fri Aug-12-16 10:15 AM
only the dragon was a cartoon.

I watched it fairly recently with the kids, long before I knew there was a remake coming. It was pretty hokey. I hadn't seen it since I was 5 though.
714826, the original was my shit back in the day
Posted by Oak27, Fri Aug-12-16 11:06 AM
but reading the plot summary on wiki this is not anything like it at all, sans a boy named pete having a dragon named elliot. in the original only he was capable of seeing the dragon, so i wonder if that's still the case in this one.
714829, damn I wasnt planning on seeing this one
Posted by RobOne4, Fri Aug-12-16 11:43 AM
now I gotta find time to take my son. I dont even know if he wants to see it.
714863, It's fantastic. A must see.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat Aug-13-16 11:13 PM
714909, I took the kids to see it yesterday and they loved it, I think I loved
Posted by las raises, Mon Aug-15-16 04:20 PM
It more than they did, fantastic movie
715003, I was bored
Posted by CaptNish, Wed Aug-17-16 11:22 PM
And I hate the dragon design. But I've been working a shitload of overtime, so I'm cranky lol. I'll give it another chance when it's released for home consumption.