Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectExactly...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=713433&mesg_id=714092
714092, Exactly...
Posted by wallysmith, Mon Jul-18-16 03:53 PM
more discerning viewers would steer clear because of the TWD affiliation, not towards it. That's basically my story, but it was your post that made me give it a shot... and I'm glad you did post, hah.

> Its kind of wonky how all the excorcisms he's done have failed over the years. I also fully expect that even the 'demonic' possessions aren't all they seemed from the explanation that the big dude gave of wanting to be posessed.

That opening scene... holy shit. Really organic way to show the extent of his failures, and those tapes raise a ton of questions as to the nature of the possessions. I was raised Catholic and portrayals of exorcism have always fascinated me. They're breaking a lot of "rules" with this series so I'm curious to see how it will all be explained (not that I'm an exorcism "expert" per se, just referring to expectations gleaned from decades of watching horror, hah).

And yeah, it was crazy how possession was described by Kubiak (bonus points if you get that reference). It doesn't seem to be an uncomfortable situation at all so maybe that's why those "freed" by Kyle can enter a comatose state, presumably because of trauma?

> Dude's gotten his soul sucked like 5 times already in this short run, lol.

Serious right? There's clearly a finite amount in Kyle, Mildred fully intended to suck him dry, and Sidney wants to reserve that shit for other demons.

If Mildred died soon after sucking Kyle down (phrasing), then it stands to reason that the host's personal health has an effect on the possession, right? And I wonder why these demons seem to be re-manifesting now? Maybe tied to Kyle's re-emergence?

So... many... damn... questions....