Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjecti enjoyed it for what it was: 90s throwback excessive action spectacle.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=713220&mesg_id=713741
713741, i enjoyed it for what it was: 90s throwback excessive action spectacle.
Posted by araQual, Fri Jul-01-16 03:29 AM
would've been cool to have Will in there as well just to round out the nostalgia, but it was fine w/out him. i dug the universe-building, the wholesale destruction (altho it feels like not SO much of earth was effected this time even tho the ship was gifuckingnormous), the advancements in tech, the friendly sphere, and the return of the unhinged Brackish. everything felt rather inconsequential cos we all know who was gonna prevail in the end, and yeah majority of the leads were bland cos they basically have little to no character development allowed. everythings gotta take a backseat to the main event as is usually the case in flicks like this.

main thing that bugged me tho?

(spoilers i spose)

why Julius Levinson surfs a tsunami and survives, but Jasmine Hiller can't get rescued from a freakin stationary building? like, SHE had to die? cmon now.

and i think they've already greenlit the 3rd one. looks like they wanna film it and get it out asap on some Back To The Future 2 & 3 type deal. i heard they're making a Stargate reboot in-between too.

V.