Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI heard that there was 2 versions of the film written
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=713220&mesg_id=713721
713721, I heard that there was 2 versions of the film written
Posted by IJUSSWANNACHiLL, Wed Jun-29-16 08:32 PM
One with Smith in it and one without. I wonder if Will Smith decided to return if it would have made any difference at all.

Anyway, it definitely could've been way better but with that being said, the main thing I liked about the movie was the storyline of the Sphere. How its species used to be regular beings and they transformed into artificial bodies. Also, how it was an ally to Earth and trying to recruit them to help defeat the Alien enemy.

If they decide to make a third film it could be very interesting with:

- A hidden, refugee planet of different alien species recruited by the sphere to plot an attack on the "Harvesters".

- Advanced weapons and technology that is even seen as a threat to the Harvesters.

- Space battles and travelling to different planets.

With all of the negative reviews from critics fans as well as underwhelming box office numbers, it doesn't look like a 3rd film is going to happen. If they don't decide to make a third film, maybe there will be novels/comics of what happens after. I would be open to that at least.