Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI actually didn't see that a DEM at all. I don't think it qualifies as DEM
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=713220&mesg_id=713553
713553, I actually didn't see that a DEM at all. I don't think it qualifies as DEM
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun Jun-26-16 12:41 PM
They played that up from the start and it was crystal clear it was going to be an ally the second David decided against shooting it down, so it wasn't like they just threw it in there out of nowhere.

Certainly wasn't any worse than the computer virus from the first.

They did take a lazy Hollywood approach to it though. I actually liked the general concept of it, though I thoroughly loathe the way they executed from start to finish. I do think that the general idea made perfect sense- a being from another planet that had been destroyed by them comes to help. The big eye roll for me is that she/it somehow had access to all this tech to destroy them, even though her planet lost their ass.

So while it was definitely poor execution I do think calling it DEM is a definite overstatement.

IMO they had all the ingredients to make this really pop but it became so bloated with unnecessary characters. I didn't mind the psychic connection thing at all, but all they needed was David to be the guy investigating those reports, Okun and Whitmore to work that angle. They didn't need the Guerilla fighter and David'd girl to do that.