Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectagreed, pretty disappointed in this season
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=708034&mesg_id=710977
710977, agreed, pretty disappointed in this season
Posted by mashpg89, Tue Apr-19-16 08:33 AM
Top notch production, acting, and directing, but the story just went nowhere. It makes my complaints earlier in the season about how the story took a step backward even more legitimate. Season 1 ended with Jimmy seemingly stepping out of the corporate lawyer world to set up his own shop. The writers went back on that and then it became the only real plot development for Jimmy in the 10 episodes of S2.

The Chuck vs. Jimmy story is boring and that cliffhanger is lazy. I was really hoping he died there in that copy shop or Jimmy committed him at the hospital.

Mike's storyline left me scratching my head a few times. He's been told that Salamanca forgot about him and even though their business is over, Mike is sticking his nose where it doesn't belong which will only bring more danger to him and his family. Seems like strange way to get Mike involved with the BB underworld.

The pace of Season 1 was fine, but Season 2 was poorly done and we're more or less right where we left off. Hope they speed it up a bit for Season 3 and focus on plot development.