Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectDon't forget last season.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=708034&mesg_id=710877
710877, Don't forget last season.
Posted by wallysmith, Fri Apr-15-16 10:39 AM
Chuck bailed Jimmy out of jail (apparently numerous times) and put him up with a job at HHM. Granted, mailroom, but that's a helluva lot more than most companies would give someone with an arrest record.

And don't forget that Jimmy was embezzling from their father for YEARS, contributing greatly to collapsing their business. That predates anything that happened in their adult lives and more than explains Chuck's shitty attitude towards Jimmy.

Numba's totally spot on. We love Jimmy because he's the protagonist and at his core, he really is a good guy. But he's also a skeezy con artist that loves to take shortcuts. I got slammed in last season's thread because I posed the question "Is Chuck wrong for denying Jimmy a (lawyer) job at HHM?" I felt there was plenty of evidence last season but this season cemented it even more. Yes, Chuck's a huge asshole, but he's justified in his opinion on Jimmy. And I agree with Brew, a lot of that stems from Chuck's jealousy of Jimmy and his charisma.

At the end of the day, both guys are severely flawed in different ways, the difference is we're rooting for one of them. It's fine to hate Chuck, but don't put blinders on when looking at Jimmy.