Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectYea but I think we've been given enough info about Jimmy...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=708034&mesg_id=710848
710848, Yea but I think we've been given enough info about Jimmy...
Posted by Brew, Thu Apr-14-16 01:01 PM
>keep in mind Chuck knows Jimmy a whole lot longer than we the
>viewers do, so he more than likely is highly justified in his
>opinion of Jimmy. Not saying he's without character flaws,
>since it appears he has probably a but too much pride in
>himself, but I can agree with folks saying he deserved to get
>concussed by having his head banged against the edge of a
>table.

...to know where Chuck is coming from. So it's not necessarily that we don't agree with Chuck that Jimmy is conniving and slimy; I do personally. I just think that the way Chuck has largely handled the situation is kind of backwards and reeks of jealousy to a certain extent. In fact I think Chuck's attitude towards Jimmy is the reason he never fully turned it around. Kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy in that Chuck always downplayed his accomplishments and expected him to fuck up again, so Jimmy maybe subconsciously *did* fuck up in a sort of rebellious/retaliatory fashion, naturally. Not defending that response just saying that it's how it happens in life in many cases.

On top of that, Chuck is kind of slimy and entitled and pretentious, which I suppose leads to the above attitude and kids-gloves treatment of his brother, so he's just kind of unlikable in general. Two scenes from this season which really cemented my negative feelings about Chuck were the dinner with his wife and Jimmy (making his wife feel like they were just going through the motions rather than having a nice dinner with family; and later, jealousy), and the most recent 2 episodes where he undercut Kim to get the business back that she had worked for, in sort of a subtle attempt to fuck over his own brother who at that point was more or less out of his hair.

So - I have no sympathy for Chuck. And I still recognize and agree that Jimmy is slimy and not to be trusted. They are not mutually exclusive feelings.