Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectGreg Berlanti needs to give up some shows
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=703337&mesg_id=712793
712793, Greg Berlanti needs to give up some shows
Posted by CaptNish, Wed Jun-01-16 06:00 PM
They need to hire showrunners for all four shows that are dedicated to the individual properties. They're spinning too many plates. That being said... here's my fix.

Thin the fucking team. Let Dig retire and go raise his kid. Let Thea... go do something else. Bring back Sara and Roy. Felicity can stay, but if she does that cry voice one more goddamn time, she dies. Her mom? Gone. Make my man Curtis Mr. Terrific, or let him go. Lance needs to be a cop again, because now he's just a guy who hangs around the cave. Malcolm is a great nemesis for Oliver. That being said, he needs to be used sparingly. Let him go take a season off.

Essentially, Ollie, Roy and Sara in the streets. Felicity on comms. Lance as Commissioner Gordon. Annnnnd, go....

Flashbacks? Gone. The Whedon school of Big Bads? Gone. It's unsustainable. They should do three mini archs. Have the villains of the mini-archs team up in the end. There are so many DC characters they can use. Look, I know they got fucked and had Deathstroke and the Suicide Squad taken from them. Okay, fine... well go dig up some others. Make it work. You did it once. Do it again.

Go back to basics and focus on Ollie. I have never read a single review that has pined for more Lance Family/Felicity Family/Diggle Family/Thea Love Life. Ever. So stop doing it. Stop thinking that relationships are the only way to create drama. Because while it can, that shit is so forced and unearned, it's laughable.

But this is the most important thing that has to change on every DC/CW show....

STOP. MAKING. YOUR. HEROES. LOOK. LIKE. BITCHES.

Holy fuck, I can't stand this shit where people "just aren't powerful enough" to beat the bad guys. Every goddamn episode, the heroes on these shows don't just get beat or suffer setbacks. They get their asses handed to them. Not even by the main villains. Anarky took on Thea, Diggle and Oliver all by himself!! AND GOT THE FUCK AWAY!! WHAT!?

I have more thoughts on it. Honestly, I would love to sit down and talk to the writers. Because this season was such an abortion, I can only imagine that there had to be something going on behind the scenes.