Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectseason 3 was iffy. season 4 was way worse.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=703337&mesg_id=712576
712576, season 3 was iffy. season 4 was way worse.
Posted by araQual, Fri May-27-16 11:26 AM
writing, directing, cinematography, fight choreography, the damn ACTING lol. shit is a pale imitation of the first two seasons. actually no, saying it's an imitation isn't accurate, cos it's not even trying to be that type of show anymore. the type that had proper action, high drama, crazy suspense/intensity, & emotionally shattering (and permanent) deaths. introducing metahumans and magic has done nothing but hurt this show. it's given the creative team a chance to expand into all sortsa different spinoffs, but man has it completely gutted the core and spirit of this show.

sorry, longwinded answer lol. shit sucked. i watched every week, waiting to be reminded why i loved it so much like those first two seasons. it happened maybe once, in episode 12. rest of it...i could go on...and on...and on...about the level of sucktitude. it was like watching a slow-moving train-wreck. shit, might even be worth watching just to say you witnessed it.

edit: the Felicity hate is strong, and justified. dont know if i can entirely blame the actress, cos they give her shitty things to say, they make her the center of Ollie's world when the two don't REALLY have that strong of a connection to even be that close (other than a pure office romance type thing), Felicity is a high-strung, whiny, speak-with-a-permanent-crying-voice shithead whose main purpose over the last two seasons was to take long heaping shits on Oliver. that's been her purpose. and oh yeah, she's a tech genius. and she's supposed to be smart and witty n alla that but they wore that shit OUT these last two seasons, turned those qualities that made her likeable and cute into the exact opposite.
Laurel was almost similar, in that she had only one purpose as well that she fulfilled at least once per episode: take Oliver aside from the group, chastise him or remind him he's a beacon to this city, provide an emo moment or something to that effect. that's pretty much IT. what a goddamn waste of two perfectly good female characters.

V.