Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectstill can't believe how bad this shit has gotten.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=703337&mesg_id=711478
711478, still can't believe how bad this shit has gotten.
Posted by araQual, Wed May-04-16 12:27 PM
i was groaning my way through most of the last episode.
most of this season, actually.
on top of all the valid complaints we've all made above, i'd like to throw in the excruciating dialogue and forced emo moments as the nail in this sorry coffin. i feel like no one's actually WRITING for these characters anymore, instead just cueing them thusly: "okaaayyy and a brief heart-to-heart 'it's-not-ur-fault' forced-emotional-moment-interrupted-by-a-ringing-cell-phone sceeennnne....NOW". there's SO MANY of them lol. what a whiny bunch of navel-gazers.
like, we get it, character growth is great, but why does the show have to suck in order to force our protag to not kill his enemies? just let the damn dog off the leash already and let Ollie be a fucking BADASS again.

and what a fucking waste of time the flashbacks were. they stretched that shit out all season JUST to show that Ollie has history with the idol and its powers? good lord. take me back to season 1 and 2 when this show could do.no.wrong.

can't believe we're gonna have to endure a 5th season of this tonally schizoid mess. the showrunners need to scale this shit way the fuck down. take Ollie back to his s1 roots. remind him of his mission. bring back the damn book of names. have him fuck around with females not named Felicity. if he's truly gonna lose his shit, lose his girl, lose a team member, what better motivation for him to abandon his 'growth' as "Green Arrow" and go backwards in order to go forwards? it's the kick in the ass the show needs to keep us interested, or at least remind us how this lil CW show somehow kicked so much ass when it came out swinging in s1+2.

/rant over.

V.