Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI don't think an AMC 24 will have Star Wars on 12 screens.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=702325&mesg_id=702413
702413, I don't think an AMC 24 will have Star Wars on 12 screens.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Sep-02-15 12:02 AM
It will be the widest release ever, which means it might go to 8 screens in some of those cineplexes.

I'd imagine it'd only go to half the screens if it's a smaller theater, like something with 6 or 8 screens.

Of course, I don't care nearly enough to make this any sort of agenda, in which someone can post a picture of it on 9 or 10 screens somewhere and go "See?!" I'm just noting that in the other biggest releases ever in history, it's usually in at most a quarter or a little more of the multiplex screens.

8 screens in one theater means a new screening every 15 minutes, from opening to closing. That'd be insane. And that's more or less the most I'd expect from a logistical perspective.

Edit: They'll probably shift some of the lesser releases to Star Wars screens at night opening weekend, but I'm not sure if that counts toward screen total in the rollout numbers. Mucks this whole thing up from a statistical analysis perspective, really.