Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMarvel's Most Wanted
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=702011&mesg_id=702011
702011, Marvel's Most Wanted
Posted by bwood, Fri Aug-21-15 09:27 AM
Remember Marvel's Mockingbird? The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff that ABC decided not to execute on? Well looks like ABC has changed their mind after Daredevil's success and word is both ABC, Marvel and Netflix are extremely happy with Jessica Jones.

In any case I'll gladly swap out A.o.S. for this. Mockingbird and Lance Hunter are really the only two characters I fucks with outside of Coulson.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/08/20/marvels-most-wanted-that-shield-spin-off-show-is-happening-after-all

A few months ago it was reported that ABC would be creating a spin-off of Agents of SHIELD, one focused around SHIELD agents Bobbi 'Mockingbird' Morse and Lance ' ' Hunter, but that idea was quashed before it ever got to the pilot stage. ABC execs said they didn't want to tinker with the formula of SHIELD, which they felt was hitting its stride.

Well, they've changed their mind about tinkering, because the pilot is back on and it has a name: Marvel's Most Wanted. It's weird having the name of the company in there, but at the same time I understand the network wanting to really trumpet that brand connection. I mean, technically Agents of SHIELD is Marvel's Agents of SHIELD but nobody calls it that. I suspect we will call this show Marvel's Most Wanted. Or MMW, as they tend to do online now.

Variety has very confusing info about the show. Here's what they say:

Insiders say the series is not a spinoff, per se, but rather an entirely new project solely focused on the two characters to continue their story. Though plot details are scarce at this point, “Marvel’s Most Wanted” will follow the pair and their adventures together.

I don't know how this doesn't qualify as a spin-off. Like, Mork & Mindy was an entirely new project solely focused on the two characters and continuing their story, but it was still a spin-off from Happy Days, where Mork was introduced in a dream. So if Mork & Mindy, set two decades and in another city and with no references to the original show is a spin-off, so is Marvel's Most Wanted.

The only way I can really parse that explanation is if the show is a prequel, set when Hunter and Morse were married. That would allow the show to exist outside of any Marvel Cinematic Universe business, although why you would want to do that is beyond me.

I like Adrienne Palicki as Mockingbird, and I'll be sad to see her go from the show. Nick Blood, who plays Hunter, has a name that already sounds like a very cool character and they should have just let him be called that in the show. Then you could have named the spin-off Bird and Blood, which I admit also stinks. I'm not entirely sure what will set this show apart from SHIELD, but I guess I'll give it a couple of episodes to sell me, if only for Palicki. That is if it makes it past the pilot.

There is one thing I want out of this show, though. If it's focusing on Mockingbird I want the show to reveal that she and Hawkeye had a thing, many years ago. Before he married his wife and had the kids, before she married Lance Hunter. I want to find out that she's still got this soft spot for Clint Barton. I loved those two as a couple in the comics.