Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMan, this is THE hot topic before this next movie drops... I'll try to explain...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=698769&mesg_id=698801
698801, Man, this is THE hot topic before this next movie drops... I'll try to explain...
Posted by phenompyrus, Wed Jun-03-15 09:44 AM
I've had this conversation more in the past couple weeks than ever before.

I hate this movie.

The scene I think of first is Jeff Goldblum's adopted daughter doing gymnastics on raptors in the barn. It is a scene that is "Peter Parker emo dancing in Spider-Man 3 bad".

But that's not all.

The entire sequence in the city is line crossing for JP, it should have never happened. And the whole piece of getting to the city, with a full grown T rex on the ship and escaping the way they did, is very poorly explained.

Also, the best scene of the film, when the 2 dinosaurs are attacking the trailers, is just a rehashed, but less entertaining version of the scene in the first film.

Sure, Goldblum, Moore, Vaughn give good performances, and the movie has been unfairly compared to the original which is a classic among classics, but it really isn't that good a movie in the end.

That's my take. I LOVE Jurassic Park, hate Lost World, dislike JP3 (don't get me wrong, this movie is BAD too, but it kind of fits into the goofy good to an extent), so I'm looking at Jurassic World like this: o_O.