Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI saw it tonight (tech spoilers)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=697555&mesg_id=706627
706627, I saw it tonight (tech spoilers)
Posted by handle, Fri Jan-01-16 02:24 AM
Saw it at Arlcight La Jolla. Screen was masked on top, left and right. Not a very big screen to begin with, pretty small at 2.76:1 on it.

We sat in Row F , which is the bottom row of stadium seats where the wheelcharis normally go and I think we'd have been better off in row D which was about 15 feet closer to the screen.

We got the Overtune with cards but we didn't get the intermission music and no card was shown. I think the projectionists was cleaning the gate or making other adjustments and then just skipped to the end of reel 6C for the 70mm version.

Slight flicker visible in outdoor scenes, mostly good otherwise. I think maybe, just maybe it was a little darker than it should have been - but it was close to how I imagine they meant to show it.

Film did not break. After Intermission I thought they might have switched over to DCP, but I saw some fain't green scrapes in the corners, so it was emulsion scratches and still on film.

Sound was clear but not overly loud.

I really think the ascept ratio's going to suck on Bluray - it's just too wide.

He did compose some interesting stuff using the width, but jesus it was indulgent.

The theatre was 90% full, with people sitting in the second row and *all* stadium seats sold. Not a peep out of anyone. Saw no cell phones. People paid attention - it was a nice change.

We got programs on the way out.

The film did not seem that long to me, I think the pacing was good. A friend thought some of the exteriors and set-ups where unnecessarily slow but agreed the tension was almost unbearable in some scenes.