Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI think RBO had a viable question and as far as the superhero movie goes
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=693684&mesg_id=693788
693788, I think RBO had a viable question and as far as the superhero movie goes
Posted by Bombastic, Mon Mar-02-15 05:39 PM
I was assuming that was a reference to a comic-book/previously-established superhero, not the newly created and never to be revisited dogshit that was Hancock (which made money for the same reason 50 Cent sold 8-10 million copies of The Massacre.....aka built on the back of star power, momentum, marketing push then later disregarded/forgotten).

Fact is Will Smith was the most bankable star in the business for a stretch but now poor choices, prolonged absences, creeping Scientology/Sexuality-rumor assisted shots at his likability and his own brand of movie-star megalomania have chipped away at that very possibly irrevocably.

But since those are almost virtually the same issues that previously did damage to Tom Cruise, a longtime Longo fave, I can see why he came thru with the quick cape.....I'm a little less sure why everyone acted like he came thru and obliterated all doubt or dialogue on the post's question though.

This flick (despite actually looking good while the public hasn't had a Will Smith fix in awhile and being an obvious play to make Will more 'human' again) not doing well only further illustrates that Will's status is less of a sure thing than it's been since his original ascent and he could be headed towards some level of Burt Reynolds, John Travolta, Eddie Murphy falloff.