Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectAnyone still watching?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=690910&mesg_id=705018
705018, Anyone still watching?
Posted by SoulHonky, Wed Nov-25-15 01:17 PM
Is there even a season 2 post?

I hope the writers are seeing that the show is obviously stronger when it focuses on the family. The beginning of the season with Lucious the crime boss and Lucious the CEO was slowing it down too much. Every moment with the three brothers together or Cookie and Lucious having to work together carries the show. (And the Lucious flashbacks are just weird and not doing much to make his character more likeable, which is why I assume they're doing them.)

Although I'm not sure how either Jamal or Hakeem won their rap battles. Hakeem got destroyed.

The show also still moves WAY to fast. Hakeem's new girl went from "I'm not like that" to "We're in love!" in the blink of an eye. Hakeem's PTSD was poorly handled. I swear, they've gone through five seasons of storylines already. I mean, I think it's better than dragging out storylines like a lot of shows but they can take let things materialize more.

And the comedy that is Anika this season is amazing.

It's firmly in guilty pleasure mode and sliding down the priority watch list but it's still fun enough to throw on each week.