Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectman i LOVED this movie...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=689585&mesg_id=724779
724779, man i LOVED this movie...
Posted by Voodoochilde, Sun Sep-10-17 10:59 PM
i was skeptical going in....(wondered how/if they were gonna try to cram a miniseries into 1 movie, and i didn't have any advance knowledge of the creative team behind this adaption)...

but damn loved it....i had a grin on my face the whole flick....yeah, i know.. "a grin? i thought this was supposed to be a scary flick?"....well yeah, but its that GOOD kinda scary....that kinda scary thats not the 'jump outta your seat' scary, but more the 'ohhh man thats freaky' kinda scary...and yeah that gave me a GOOD grin....an 'I'm having such a GOOD time' grin....

the kid actors are SUPERB!! thank you whoever casted this group, because you HAD to have kids who could deliver believable emotional performances, and these kiddo's DID.....

the actor playing Pennywise was great too man....i dug it, and there were some nice cineffex done to help enhance the creepiness....well done....

this had the 'spirit' of those really good 80s 'young slice of life flicks', and yeah i'm one who has nostalgia for that sort of thing, and i wont apologize for having a soft spot when that kind of charm is executed well in a flick (as it was here)....thats the 'soul' of it for me...Pennywise or no Pennywise, i'd like to follow this group of 'losers' on whatEVER their next adventures might be...

went with some younger folk, (friends of my daughters in their mid 20s, coworkers in their 30s, and me & my wife in our 50s...EVERYONE loved it, so in my opinion, i'd say its a keeper...

well done...we're actually gonna see it again next week with a coworker who loves Stephen King stuff....