Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectperhaps less sarcasm woulda helped? clarify ur shit before u post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=681119&mesg_id=682379
682379, perhaps less sarcasm woulda helped? clarify ur shit before u post
Posted by araQual, Wed Jul-16-14 08:37 PM
i didnt launch this argument *just* cos u said sumthn positive about the show (untrue, and dumb). and im unaware if there's been a campaign like this waged against u. im going offa ur two posts u made with similar content (see: overly sarcastic, critical of the viewer with no responsibility laid at the feet of the showrunners/writers/producers). it wasnt just one post and one positive reaction to a good episode (in which u still sarcastically threw shade at ppl, btw) that sparked my rant. the fuck do u expect?

sooo...u AGREE the show can be shitty. and make shitty decisions. yet ur up in here sarcastically ragging on US for expressing said shittiness when we spot it? the fuck is that about? shits confusing. state ur intent nxt time at LEAST, instead of random sarcasm. cos ur sarcasm implies we're WRONG, which we're NOT lol (within the context of this show, however u could make ur argument work for others, clearly). this season, as the rest of the show, has been spotty as fuck. and there are *always* expectations for a final season. ESPECIALLY for a show based on blood, guts and sex. absolutely NO ONE gives a flying fuck about anything even resembling nuance, or love stories, or even social relevance/drawing parallels with real life shit, cos TB has sucked at almost all of that, but excelled at blood, guts, sex and any comedy that ensues from that mix. at the most, its the characters we dig and their interactions with each other, and we totally enjoy it when the characters we dig make decisions that make actual sense. so yeah, expectations come into play. i just think ostensibly blaming viewers (or at least those of us in this poast), is a little retarded, dont u think? how do u expect anyone to have faith this final season will play out with any kinda quality or respect for itself considering the track record? spesh when we've only really had one good ep sofar? (tho i personally enjoyed ep1...until Tara got unceremoniously snuffed like a fucking extra).

at least you've actually explained or at least acknowledged OUR criticisms now. problem was/is, ur sarcasm minus the big picture/context of ur overall opinion, reads like: stop whining nerds, ur not enjoying this becos a story has to "ramp up" and ur not giving it a fair chance to do so. or we lack the patience cos of the current fast food nature of tv/pop culture lol. i think 7 seasons is patience enough. these mofos have had years to get it right, but are still fumbling the ball. as you can see, even the critical of us WANT the show to be good, and when it is, we acknowledge that shit like the most recent ep. but ur comments came off one-sided and it didnt make any sense.

anyways. ima just bow out gracefully of this convo before the namecalling starts. i hate that part. and TB isnt worth the bickering.

V.