Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectgood finale, but the 1st half of the season was much better than the 2nd
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=677457&mesg_id=687254
687254, good finale, but the 1st half of the season was much better than the 2nd
Posted by mashpg89, Sat Oct-18-14 08:59 AM
Once the severe cocaine addiction and pregnancy storylines were introduced the show faltered a bit. I was so intrigued by Thackery and his breakthroughs that his dramatic downwards spiral seemed to happen too early in the show. It kind of reminded me of the later seasons of Mad Men in which Don stays losing, yet for the first season of the show I would have preferred to see Thack at his best. By the end it was hard to root for the selfish addict he had become instead of the eccentric, trend-setting doctor of the first couple of episodes. I was excited to see him in rehab, in hopes that he'll make a triumphant return in the new Knick next season, but it looks like that addiction story isn't going away.

Really impressive first season though and as has been said before the star of this show is Soderbergh. Owen is doing an amazing job as well and deserves at least an Emmy nomination. The whole cast is strong. I enjoyed the Cleary & Sister Harriet scenes the most out of the secondary storylines.

Next season is going to be good with a new hospital and if Barrow thought Bunky was bad wait til he gets a load of Mr. Wu (still waiting on him to say "COCKSUCKA"). Overall this season was a pleasant surprise but it has the potential to be even better next season.