Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectIt's The Professional + 2001 - any sense of logic
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=676446&mesg_id=682781
682781, It's The Professional + 2001 - any sense of logic
Posted by ZooTown74, Fri Jul-25-14 07:26 PM
I had read beforehand that there wasn't *a lot* of action, not as much as the advertising would have you believe, so I knew what to expect. The rowdy crowd I saw this with, however...

Scarlett was fine, but her Cold, Calculating Being played to better effect in Under the Skin

Morgan spent a lot of the film's 89-minute run time spouting gibberish about brain power and such. He was our Explainer, in a sense narrating what happened to Scarlett as she got more and more powerful. And just in case you didn't understand just how powerful Scarlett was getting, every few minutes there literally would be a title card showing the percentage of her brain capacity she was using.

I tried to stay with it but ultimately it got weirder and weirder so I lost interest once she hit about 60%, which was about the point Luc decided to say Fuck It and intercut some shooting with a chopped-up remix of 2001's Jupiter Beyond the Infinite sequence (with some of that good Dawn of Man thrown in at the start and the finish as well).

Even with tempered expectations, it was dull. But that Damon Albarn shole can write a song...

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Gender Coons Gotta Go