Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectman, this movie sucked so bad without trying to
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=667323&mesg_id=672544
672544, man, this movie sucked so bad without trying to
Posted by mashpg89, Sat Feb-15-14 02:42 AM
killer klowns from outer space was a better film than this piece of shit. fifty years from now this joint will be on mystery science theater 6000. and i like spike and had no agenda going into watching this.

i'm not even going to critically review this. the pacing was completely off, the script was cringe-worthy, but my favorite fuckup of this movie was the fight choreography. i was cracking up during the hammer fight, which is probably the worst adapted scene of all time. if you pay attention to the fighters, they bump into each other and fall down, purposefully swing at the fence two feet away from him, and attack one by one while getting sliced up by a hammer. it's like a clumsy dance scene.

the gore was over the top and unnecessary, the only redeeming quality was elisabeth olsen nude but that was almost ruined by the whole incest mood-killer and minutes worth of manbutt to make up for gratuitous female nudity.

i would've enjoyed this film if it went full ham. towards the end i realized this movie would be GOAT with ashton kutcher as adrian and nicolas cage as joe. as it is though, the oldboy remake is just a testament to how bad a film can be.