Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: There's a list just up there.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=665684&mesg_id=690488
690488, RE: There's a list just up there.
Posted by SankofaII, Fri Dec-26-14 11:27 PM
>But like I said, maybe he'll surprise me. You seem to think
>dude can carry the role. We shall see...

and that list doesn't even work...

Michael Jai White will be considered too old for the part and will have been aged out by those who are casting these Marvel shows. And he's on Arrow at the moment...

Terry Crews, funny as hell, can't act worth a damn and though y'all stan for him, you'll want the actor who plays Luke Cage to convincingly be able to go through whatever emotional arcs that pop up in the show...I love Terry but he ain't got range at all...

Derek Luke: good choice, but it's clear that after his run on NBC's Trauma, Hawthorne and The Americans, he's not keen on doing TV right now and is focusing on films (which sucks because he doesn't work NEAR enough and really should do tv).

So it came down to Colter and the other folks who were in the running. Colter was the best choice because out of all the folk who were in the running (short list), he was the only one who had chemistry with Krysten Ritter and THAT is a major plus for Netflix and the casting folk for Luke Cage and these Marvel shows. And, dude can act and has been putting in that work for years.

All that said, Colter is the strongest choice for the role. He'll be fine...

now all we need is to find out WHO is writing the show (I suspect they won't hire someone Black) and cast Iron Fist (since he's getting his own show in the Marvel/Netflix 60 episode deal), Misty Knight, Colleen Wing and Maya Lopez/Ronin/Echo (I keep hearing she'll pop in all of these shows as a recurring character, as will Misty and Colleen - though honestly, Misty and Colleen totally need to get an offshoot show i.e. Nightwing Restorations Ltd. because that could be a show in and of itself..)