Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMelissa Rosenberg is EP of the Netflix Jessica Jones series
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=665684&mesg_id=666021
666021, Melissa Rosenberg is EP of the Netflix Jessica Jones series
Posted by SankofaII, Tue Nov-12-13 11:07 PM
YES!

Save for her writing the twilight series, this is a win!

She was behind the FIRST Jessica Jones tv show that ABC was developing pre-Avengers and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. that didn't go anywhere.

And, this will be the SECOND show to premiere in this series after Daredevil.

Luke Cage and Iron Fist don't have showrunners but many are being looked as we speak. I'm hoping they'll hire someone black for Luke Cage. But seriously, I just hope they find someone who is damn good writer who can do Cage justice. Iron First too.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/melissa-rosenberg-to-shepherd-marvels-jessica-jones-series-for-netflix/

EXCLUSIVE: Twilight screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg first was tapped to create a drama series based on Marvel‘s Jessica Jones character three years ago, when the project was set at ABC. In typical Marvel fashion, no one is confirming, but I have learned that Rosenberg is attached to the project’s new incarnation at Netflix as writer and executive producer. Jessica Jones is one of four series Marvel TV and ABC TV Studios sold to the streaming giant in a deal announced last week. Jessica Jones is slated second for release, following Daredevil, which is close to locking in Lost alum Drew Goddard as writer/exec producer. The other two Marvel series in the package are Iron Fist and Luke Cage, with the characters from each show then coming together for an Avengers-type superhero teaming in a chapter-closing miniseries. I hear Jessica Jones is undergoing redevelopment in its move to Netflix. The character, created by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Gaydos, is a superhero suffering with post-traumatic stress disorder, which leads to her hanging up her costume and opening her own detective agency, where she ends up helping people and assisting other superheroes. Rosenberg most recently executive produced ABC’s drama series Red Widow